Discover the benefits of belonging to the National Gerontological Nursing Association. We are the first and only nursing specialty organization, dedicated to helping you realize your full potential as a gerontological nurse. We are a growing , dynamic and dedicated group of professionals who share ideas and information that improve the quality of nursing care for older adults. Learn how you can make a difference. Explore the benefits of membership in the NGNA including:
- The Geriatric Nursing Journal:Your NGNA membership fee includes a subscription, valued at $125, to the most widely circulated professional journal for gerontological nurses. Geriatric Nursing includes a special NGNA section in each issue.
- Continuing Education: At reduced NGNA member rates, you can attend the annual NGNA Convention and other NGNA-supported educational offerings to keep you on the cutting edge of gerontological nursing practice.
- NGNA Insider: NGNA Insider is a monthly email newsletter that keeps NGNA members up-to-date with industry and association news. Also included are dates for upcoming events and continuing education opportunities.
- NGNA Local Chapters: Built upon a strong network of chapters throughout the country, NGNA is more than a national association. Meet your colleagues in gerontological nursing, share your ideas and experiences and learn together at regular chapter meetings.
- Research and Education: Through active research, scholarship and education committees, along with an outstanding awards program, NGNA is committed to the professional development of gerontological nurses.
- The NGNA Fellows Program: Nominated by their peers and inducted by the Board of Directors, Fellows advocate for the mission and goals of NGNA, link NGNA to other nursing and gerontology organizations and advocate for aging and health issues in cooperation with NGNA.
- Certification Exams: Through a cooperative arrangement between NGNA and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), members receive a $55 discount on the three gerontological nursing certification exams: The Gerontological Nurse; the Clinical Specialist in Gerontological Nursing; and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner.
- Discounts on Products and Services: NGNA members receive a discount on NGNA publications and products as well as publications and products from our collaborative partners.
Become a member of NGNA.