Discover the benefits of belonging to the National Gerontological Nursing Association. We are the first and only nursing specialty organization, dedicated to helping you realize your full potential as a gerontological nurse. We are a growing , dynamic and dedicated group of professionals who share ideas and information that improve the quality of nursing care for older adults. Learn how you can make a difference.
» Click here to START or RENEW your membership online
» Download the Membership Brochure
» Institutional Membership Information
NGNA’s Institutional Membership includes membership for 10 nurses/CNAs/interdiscplinary team members, bundled into one convenient package—with unrivaled benefits. Take advantage of complimentary online webinars and educational activities available for CNE credit, as well as deeply discounted rates for NGNA’s annual conference, GeroFocus. Members also receive real-time access to information in the members’ only section of the NGNA website and on the NGNA listserv. Click here for a letter to fill in and present to your leadership.
Explore the benefits of membership in the NGNA including:
- The Geriatric Nursing Journal:Your NGNA membership fee includes a subscription, valued at $125, to the most widely circulated professional journal for gerontological nurses. Geriatric Nursing includes a special NGNA section in each issue.
- Continuing Education: At reduced NGNA member rates, you can attend the annual NGNA Convention and other NGNA-supported educational offerings to keep you on the cutting edge of gerontological nursing practice.
- NGNA Insider: NGNA Insider is a monthly email newsletter that keeps NGNA members up-to-date with industry and association news. Also included are dates for upcoming events and continuing education opportunities.
- NGNA Local Chapters: Built upon a strong network of chapters throughout the country, NGNA is more than a national association. Meet your colleagues in gerontological nursing, share your ideas and experiences and learn together at regular chapter meetings.
- Research and Education: Through active research, scholarship and education committees, along with an outstanding awards program, NGNA is committed to the professional development of gerontological nurses.
- The NGNA Fellows Program: Nominated by their peers and inducted by the Board of Directors, Fellows advocate for the mission and goals of NGNA, link NGNA to other nursing and gerontology organizations and advocate for aging and health issues in cooperation with NGNA.
- Certification Exams: Through a cooperative arrangement between NGNA and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), members receive a $55 discount on the three gerontological nursing certification exams: The Gerontological Nurse; the Clinical Specialist in Gerontological Nursing; and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner.
- Discounts on Products and Services: NGNA members receive a discount on NGNA publications and products as well as publications and products from our collaborative partners.
- NGNA Career Center: Create a jobseeker profile and begin your search for a new career!
Note: In order to qualify for NGNA student membership, the student must be enrolled in a full time pre-licensure or undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Please enclose a copy of your student identification when applying for student membership.
I joined NGNA in June of 2015 during my first year of school in a Masters of Nursing program. In less than a year, I have been able to utilize several of the member benefits, including: continuing education, nursing resources and references for papers, and the ability to utilize the knowledge from different committee members for papers and presentations. I plan to continue my membership throughout my career As the elderly population is growing, my awareness and knowledge of how to care for them are going to have to be up to date with best practices in order to provide them with the best care.
Angela St. Onge
The most rewarding experience as a healthcare professional is helping older adults achieve, and maintain their highest quality of functioning. By becoming a member of the NGNA I am provided with resources, updates on conferences in my area, and an amazing community of support from other healthcare professionals with similar goals.
Jessi Vidito, RN
NGNA is my “Gerontological Nursing Team” -- always available, always ready to step up, always committed to care of the Older Adult through the sharing of research, evidence-based practice, and education.
Joanne Alderman, MSN,RN,BC,APRN, FNGNA