Celebrate National Gerontological Nursing Week!
The National Gerontological Nursing Association (NGNA) is celebrating National Gerontological Nursing Week, scheduled for September 30 – October 5, 2013. This will also coincide with the dates of NGNA’s Annual Convention, which will be held this year at the Hilton Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida, from October 3-5. Click here for further details and registration information for this year’s convention.
In accordance with the chosen theme of this year’s National Gerontological Nursing Week, the purpose of the weeklong celebration is to raise awareness of the continual need for A Clear Vision of Care for the Older Adult. In order to achieve that goal, NGNA members would like to raise awareness about the growing need for gerontological nurses and the need for increased training and educational opportunities that will equip all nurses to meet the psychological, medical and social needs of older adults.
Click here to view a press kit for this upcoming event, which includes a sample press release, news article, and letter to your editor – perfect to send to your local newspaper or other publications. You’ll also find tips to effectively spread the word to local government officials, as well as ways you can recognize your colleagues and spread the message of appreciation throughout your workplace.
Share your Stories!
NGNA is soliciting stories that pay tribute to the gerontological nurse. You may want to recognize a colleague or friend who serves older adults each day, and is particularly passionate about the mission of this chosen profession. Perhaps you or someone you know may want to thank a gerontological nurse who has cared for you or your family member. Share your story with us, and NGNA may publish it on our web site or other promotional materials!
Please contact NGNA Headquarters with any questions. We look forward to joining you to celebrate our gerontological nurses during this special week!
- Press Kit - Includes a sample press release, news article, and letter to the editor
- Community Recognition Tips - Getting a local proclamation for National Gerontological Nursing Week can be easy -- if you know how to go about it.
- Sample Gubernatorial/Mayoral Proclamation
- Poster (Vertical) - Printable 8.5" x 11" poster promoting National Gerontological Nursing Week
- Poster (Horizontal) - Printable 11" x 8.5" poster promoting National Gerontological Nursing Week
- Email Banner - Promote National Gerontological Nursing Week by including this banner in your emails
- Facebook page